tmelanson

Hikvision Remote Web Access - ActiveX issue

Hey Folks,

I'm working with a PC DVR which is the following specs:

Hikvision DS40XXHC Series card with iVMS-2000 v 2.02 software.

Windows XP Pro SP3

DLink Dl-604UP Router (Port forwarding to port 5000)

When I navigate to the DNS url for the dvr, it displays the login page, then I wait a few secs and it prompts me to install an ActiveX control which I do and then when it appears to be done I try to login and I get an error: "ActiveX Control is not registered" from the website.

Now I've set the security to low and enabled almost every optionin the IE securtity settings and I've done this on 3 seperate computers and I get the same result each time. I was using IE 8 for this.

Has anyone had a simular experience and perhaps have a fix for this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.... Todd

error.thumb.jpg.210312389b4b585462da68be6695d274.jpg

The security settings in ie are an absolute minefield.

Have you checked the box to allow unsigned Active X controls? I know when I did get it running I had to check and uncheck loads of different settings to get it to work. Firefox is a little bit more forgiving and if you have it "half installed" in ie you will need to find it and remove before giving it another go.

You may also find that the next securiy update from MS then goes and takes you back to square one as well.

In the end I gave up with ie and just stick with the very good and stable iVMS4000 on the client and the iVMS4500 on the iPhone.

Maybe you can try to delete all the corresponding ActiveX and dlls in system 32 and Downloaded Program Files. Then, delete cookies and re-install the ActiveX and dlls to get video.

Click View->Source in IE interface to find something like "codebase/NetVideoActiveX_V23.cab" (the example here is the EM-DVR), and then download the cab file. In this way, you can find out "the corresponding ActiveX and dlls". Copy them to system32 to replace all the old dlls and then delete all. Please be sure don't move your mouse after the dlls are replaced. So that you can delete all the corresponding dlls quickly.

Good luck.