themerchant

Feedback On Video Insight

I have looked into Exacq, just been holding off since the license is more and with 72 cams it gets pretty high. The problem is selling it to the customer after I already quoted the Luxriot.

I guess I can demo the Exacq s/w

it would fill up the Windows 7 temp folder, and since Im only on 30 GB SSD , it got full quick.

Windows doesnt typically have a size limit on folders, is this something VI limits? Or do you mean the page file? Or do you mean it gets so big the drive itself gets full? Also I wonder why it would be using the temp folder just to search and playback, I could see if it was converting to AVI, but to playback should just be straight forward processor and memory. Anyway you can change the location of the temp folder/s, perhaps put it on the video data drive?

lets see what the webinar tomorrow brings . I found out after searching and viewing recorded video for a few hours, it would fill up the Windows 7 temp folder, and since Im only on 30 GB SSD , it got full quick. ....Im, beginning to dislike the VI S/W more and more

Are you using this machine as a server only or client/server?

both machines will be just servers, but its used as a client right now for setup.

I decided to remove VI for a few reasons. The main reason is the way it records it archive.

The s/w will write 200mb size avi files, the problem is if for some reason there is packet loss, you loose the entire 200mb file. Thats a problem in my mind since the data is very important and a few second blip can cause 10 min file to go bye bye is not a good.

Im currently have Luxriot back on and I have some remote support to help me reduce cpu load and to optimize the system.