jbaird

Geovision Spot Monitor

I'm a bit confused on what options I have with Geovision regarding spot controllers. I have a large LCD TV that I want to install in the front of my store and display my cameras (a grid of 8,10 camera views, etc). I have a GV-1240. I do see the DSP options in the Geovision software, but do I need an additional Geovision card to use these? If so, what options do I have without having to purchase any additional Geovision hardware?

What is the best way to wire the LCD TV? Should I use just composite video out of the Geovision card, or run it as an additional monitor using VGA/DVI/HDMI?

Thanks!

The Spot monitor output on that card is a composite RCA output, so you would connect that to the AV Input on the LCD, eg, RCA input. In Spot monitor setup you can tell it which mutliview you want, and which cameras to go where, OR leave Spot Monitor disabled and it just mirrors the DVR's multiview minus the GUI.

Optionally you could use an HDMI, VGA or other output from the PC to that input on the LCD, but that just clones the entire DVR screen including the GUI.

Rory,

I have the composite out of the GV card hooked to a TV, but nothing is being output over it. I also have the DSP Controller enabled (which has made all of the display video in the GUI very sluggish - is this normal?). What do I need to do to get the GV card to actually output video?

Thanks,

Josh

Ok, got the video output working, but DSP Controller is still making the video playback/live video on the GUI very jumpy and slow. I can't figure out why - this is a fairly powerful computer. Everything returns to normal when I disable DSP. Any ideas?

Also, I am ouputting to a 16:9 TV.. is there anyway to make the output 16:9 instead of just 4:3 through the spot output?

Thanks!

You dont need to enable anything for it to work. What do you mean by DSP controller?

Its been a while for me.

BTW if you enable the Spot Monitor Setup then you will loose Direct Draw Overlay on the live video, meaning it will be blocked in larger views.

I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I am using integrated video (the sluggish performance when I enable DSP Spot Monitor). I may throw in a more powerful video card to see if it does anything.

i only ever use integrated video now, no problems with it.

What type of chipset is it? If its an Intel within the past couple years should be fine. Nvidia was fine last one I used also.

It's a Optiplex 760 with a Intel® Q43 Express Chipset w/ICH10D (less than a year old).

So, you enable the DSP Spot with integrated video - and its not sluggish?

No problems in the past, but things change. What version Geo is this, also whats the CPU, memory, hard drive? And without the Spot Monitor enabled you're saying the frame rate is faster? Since it disabled Direct Draw Overlay when Spot Monitor setup is enabled, it should actually be faster in live view on the main DVR screen, not faster frames but the image is smaller and less processing going on, so less "sluggish".

Optiplex as in Dell? I setup 3 of them before for a client and in THAT and only that case the onboard video was not good enough for Geo due to the onboard video's lack of support for direct draw overlay. in the case of the ones I had they came with separate video cards, not sure if those were factory from Dell as these were existing older PCs.