mstoetz1

Hey Everyone

Hello everyone,

I am new to this group, finding it from my search for useful cctv information. I've spent thousands on cctv/dvr's that turned out to be garbage, and I'm really trying to find equipment for my home that is a good balance of cost and quality.

I've learned that I will not purchase any camera without seeing examples of the video it is capable of in varying light conditions.

There is so much junk out there that is advertised with specifications that give the impression it should be of acceptable quality, yet turns out to be very disappointing.

I was happy to see video samples of some cameras on this site and how usable these postings are to me to find decent cameras.

Michelle

ya

Don't get me started on tolls in BC though.. I have to drive to Vancouver everyday, and it will be fun to pay $6/day tolls across that bridge.

I think I need to find a job in Langley or something

You know what, I say wait and see what the new roads upgrades save you in gas before getting too worked up about the tolls. My wife took a job in Langley a year before the GEB opened, knowing that the new bridge was coming... she suffered through a 37km commute that took over an hour each way and burned a quarter-tank of gas *per day*... now her commute is barely 15km, takes her less than half an hour, and uses a quarter tank of gas *per week*. The savings in gas alone are WELL worth the $5.60 daily toll, never mind having over an hour of her day back, AND the lack of the stress from fighting the Johnson Hill and Cape Horn traffic.

So whereabouts do you work?

I take highway 1 now from Cloverdale to about W. Broadway and Cambie. It the fastest for me but, I have to leave before 5am to avoid silly traffic.

So when the Port Mann becomes toll, it won't be any faster in the mornings since there isn't as much traffic when I leave. Coming home it should be faster once the road work is done.

Thing is, $6 bucks a day is another $120 bucks a month.. on top of parking at about $170/mo (taxed in Vancouver at 35%), and then gas at about $200/mo or more, it all adds up.

Vancouver really sucks for getting nickeled and dimed with all these fees, tolls and taxes.

True, but again, the question is how much it will save in time and gas... I mean, how much of both do you waste now sitting in stop-and-go traffic all the way out of town in the afternoon? Guess it remains to be seen...

Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

that depends if said newcomer is simply an ad bot here to plug websites in their signature or not?