shawn305

Help installing camera's @ home

Hey everyone, how is everyone doing... been here for a few years now and got to say what a great place it is. So much helpful info and people.

I have some dome camera's that i want to install outside my house (about 6 or 8 of them). My home normal rectangle house with a 2 car garage that is attached to the house but sticks out the front of the house. The front walkway goes along the side of the garage to get to the front door, it has a walkout basement with a patio over the basment door enterance, with another door for the upstairs door. anymore info need let me know

Here is my question(s)

1. how high do i mount the camera's?

2. the wires for the camera's do i run them in plastic pvc pipe's?

Anyother info that you would think will help me will be great

Thanks Shawn305

Sorry for the bad drawings only had paint at work

it is the top and side view of the house

h.JPG.433790d2da9c3dd9262bd514cb3b17e0.JPG

h2.JPG.43ed268701fbbbdafaee7b681fefad75.JPG

Do you have any overhang?(eves) Mount your cameras on the overhang and don't expect them to give a long range of coverage. Use IR so you can see at night. Have cameras on all corners and covering the doors and openings. Cover the garage door also. You can get pre made wires with connectors. There is no need for conduit for any installation. You are only running 12 volts for the cameras. Use the small dome outside IR cameras. That cover 50 feet under IR conditions.