personalt

Enclosure for weird shaped Toshiba IKWB15A

I inherted a few Toshiba IKWB15A

http://www.toshibasecurity.com/products/prod_camera_detail_ikwb15a.jsp

We used them on a construction site, the inside units seemed to last a while but the ones I had outside failed often. Can anyone recommend an outdoor enclosure for these?

In a perfect world I would like to find a enclosure that allows me to mount these in a soffit but would consider other opitions. the only enclosure I know that fits is rather large and rather expensive.

http://content.etilize.com/Thumbnail/10510311.jpg

It seems to be priced at $300+, at that price I might consider dumping these cameras and getting some box cameras but I would really like to make these work.

Are there any recessed dome mounts that would work for outside and fit this camera?

The visor does come off..

Thanks for your help, I was really hoping to find something that i could soffit mount. Most/all of the soffit mounts seem to be indoor only setups.. the Solution Dome Series (SD6) might work but best price I saw on that was in the $400 range.

At that price I might be better just getting a new bullet style camera rather then spending $300 plus for an enclosure for a used camera.

is there anything cleaper that anyone can still recommend?

Toshiba made an outdoor enclosure for that camera. Give them a call and they might be able to direct you to someone who has them in stock.

Failing that, I believe their older housings(not the new ones) came from a canadian housing manufacturer who makes low-temp no heater housing... can't remember their name right now.