Sign in to follow this  
IanKM

Super DVR not working on windows 7

hi

we recently bought a cctv card to improvr security around our site

its an iqcctv TD series with 16 in's although were only using 8. the card its self has been installed on a windows xp machine and we'd like to access the remote feed from any of our windows 7 machines however when i do i get the error message "your computer have not the decoder". I have since learnt the my version of super DVR is not compatible with windows 7 but what id like to know is there software that i can use that will allow the remote webcam to work on windows 7. well basically what are my options??

please any help on this would be greatly appreaciated. I promised my boss this would work like a charm and it doesn't work on 90% of our computers

many thanks

Ian

You need to make sure the DVR card you bought is working friendly with windows 7 ,, normally you can find it on the package or manual or ask seller to provide you with lateset upgrade software.

Ian

Has this problem been resolved? If so can you give me some details? I'm having a similar problem with Superdvr which I recently installed on our premises. It's been up and running for some months now and I've had remote access on a computers that run XP and Windows7 32 bit. However I recently acquired some new systems running windows 7 64 bit and they all give me the problem:

"The Codec (H.264) cann't be installed" then "the pc have not the decoder"

Can anyone suggest anything I can do to resolve this?

Many thanks,

Bill

Turn off User Account Control in the Control Panel. Make sure that the user has Administrative privileges on the machine from which they are trying to access the system. That has resolved that problem every time I have seen it.

Note:

After you get it to successfully load, you can turn UAC back on.