AVI2DVD

I want to know how to transfer videos from the DVR to dvds ?

I want to know how to transfer videos from the DVR to dvds ? I just want to whch them via my TV, its a widescreen TV...Hope you guys can help me...thanks very much!!!

You would first need to export or convert the files to a "common" format like AVI or WMV using the DVR's own client or player software... then use any standard DVD authoring software to create the DVD.

Going by your user name you already know.

Exactly what are your intentions on this forum?

Anyway, you were given an EXACT answer by Soundy, there is nothing more to it than that. There are MANY DVRs, it will depend on the DVR you are using.

No,guys, what's wrong with my username, it is just a name, it can't stand anything...thanks anyway! I did that, convert the videos to AVI, but I had no luck to play it on dvd player via TV... oH I got crazy...

Well the name is a name used for gorrilla marketing of a product by what the name says. a google search will give examples.

Meanwhile, if you have converted to AVI, it will depend on the DVR whether it uses a custom codec or not. If its generic H.264 you could burn to DVD using same as you would a DivX movie, though I havent tried that so cant say for certain. Its a rare request for me as most clients that I deal with will be just saving it to play in a court from a laptop for example; we just back everything up to USB now. In many cases it might require the original watermark for legal reasons (depending on the location) and converting from its original format could/would destroy that. There are various programs though that will convert it to a standard format which will not require the codecs installed (and destroy the watermark), Handbrake being one such app and it is free, or alternatively one could use Windows Movie Maker or a host of other programs perhaps even the DVD authoring software. It really depends on what DVR was used though to be able to say for certain. Optionally just upload to Facebook or youtube and they will convert it to MP4 for you for free, then download it and burn to DVD.

No,guys, what's wrong with my username, it is just a name, it can't stand anything...thanks anyway! I did that, convert the videos to AVI, but I had no luck to play it on dvd player via TV... oH I got crazy...

That's because most DVD players will only play DVDs authored to the proper format, using MPEG2 compression. You still need to load the AVI into a DVD authoring program... like I already said.

Wow, at last, my friend recommend me a program rz dvd creator, works fine, and it help me solve the problem, Thanks for all your guys help!

DVD Flick is free and works well converting different video files to something you can burn to DVD.

If you have Nero installed already it will even burn to DVD for you.