KevSmith

Greetings from another Newbie & a Motorised Zoom question

Just joined up to learn about using CCTV to monitor bird tables in the garden. I am trying to set up a couple of remote systems using simple equipment to allow me to first of all image the birds eeding. Then to record them and maybe allow me internet access to view as well. Seem to have made some dodgy purchases based on limited knowledge. Would appreciate some support from any electronically knowledge guys as I 'know nowt' in that are.

I have a simple four camera system in a recording / screen unit. Not quite got the hang of it yet but getting there. I am now trying to add a motorised zoom system as well.

First question is could any body help with a simple design to operate a motorised zoom lens from a simple controller. There are two wires for zoom & two for focus and -I understand that it is a 9volt supply needed to operate. I am guessing a simple push to operate button for in / out / forward / backwards would be very simple but not sure how to wire up. The wires just need reversing to get the zoom or focus in the other direction. Is there a basic controller out there I could buy or a design I could try to build? it sounds simple but it always does

All info appreciated & thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers for now

Kevin -Northants