maple_syrup

what are channel loop/channel matrix/spot outputs?

Noob to the CCTV world. And yes...I searched but could not get a clear definition for these terms I am planning a security solution for my home - and outdoor/indoor video surveliance is part of it. After reading here, I plan on buying the Dahua Standalone DVR:

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/product_det.aspx?ID=676&p=cpyzc&p_kind=3&c_kind=262&c_kind2=&c_kind3=

But wanted to know what are channel loop outputs, channel matrix output and spot output?

Thanks in advance. Learning more and more here. Great Forum! Cheers!

Looping: Generally refers to a video output for each video input. If you have an application where you need to run the individual video feeds to a second device, looping is useful

Spot: A secondary, viewing only output that does not show menu controls. There are a number of ways that the spot can work. Sequential, or multiplexed views. The capabilites of the spot monitor output vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. For applications like a monitor at a receptionists desk, this can be useful. Please note that Dahua has some limitations on spot monitor capabilites.

Multiplexed, for your reference is a multiple image display on a single screen. Say 2x2 or 4x4 or some such.

Thanks Bean00! One question answered leads to another question So practically speaking...I plan to have 4 CCTV cams - 2 outdoor. Now what if I want to view all cams - multiplexed on my HDTV. Will I loop all individual channel (camera outputs) from DVR to my single HDMI/Component/RCA in on my main Audio/Video Receiver?

Basically is there a way to watch all 4 cams multiplexed (PIP) on my HDTV? How?

The main output should be able to display a 4-camera (2x2) multiplexed layout.

The loop outputs are in case you want to send a camera individually to another device.

DH-DVR0404HE-S has 1080p HDMI output, so you should have no problem. 4ch real time D1 recording with up to 4 SATA hard drives, pretty good DVR for a home setup, but I won't be the one telling you to buy cheap crap

Thanks Bean00! One question answered leads to another question So practically speaking...I plan to have 4 CCTV cams - 2 outdoor. Now what if I want to view all cams - multiplexed on my HDTV. Will I loop all individual channel (camera outputs) from DVR to my single HDMI/Component/RCA in on my main Audio/Video Receiver?

Basically is there a way to watch all 4 cams multiplexed (PIP) on my HDTV? How?

The Main output will. Some DVRs spot monitor will(the one your looking at won't) however you should use HDMI or VGA main monitor outputs anyway if you want decent resolution