Sign in to follow this  
duniacctv

DVR KPD674ZB-B need assitance in setting for online viewing

hi everyone...

im new to the dvr stand alone system...i really need assitance in getting the DVR KPD674ZB to be able to view remotely via internet...i have successfully access it via internet....but the problem is....after about 30minutes or so...it always need to sign in again....i've set the access to unlimited access...and all the browser setting to keep logged in....but it still fails to connect...please if you have any idea on how to solve these problems...i'll really appreciated it...thank youu

Hello,

I am a newbie and my knowledge is very limited but I went through this issue myself and I think that your problem is caused by the fact that your DVR gets its IP address changed from time to time because your internet services provider assigns dynamic addresses to you.

I think you have to use a free DDNS service like the one provided by dyndns.org. You have to create an account and a "host". My understanding is that somewhere in your network (your router, your DVR, or a computer that stays on) you have to have a means to inform your DDNS service provider what is your new IP address so that you can always connect to the host you have created, through internet.

For example, your DDNS address might be something like "mycooldvr.dyndns.org". Because from within your network your current IP address is advertised to dyndns.org, anytime you try to connect to "mycooldvr.dyndns.org" you will connect to the current IP address that your DVR has.

I hope my reply sends you in the right direction.

Best wishes,

georgemac