So Monday I start a large megapixel install with Exacq and Arecontvision totaling 36 megapixel cameras. We are ripping out the analog system. I did not spec the system, we were hired by another integration company to install the system.

24 5 MP D/N box cameras

12 10 MP D/N box cameras

36 Coax adapters

Fiber backbone

4 switches

2 Exacq 4U Servers

2 week install time

" title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

Congradulations " title="Applause" />

lets see some sample images please if possible (dealer section will make them more private) ..

thanks guys. I got to play with the 10MP camera for the first time and I was impressed. It didn't have any issues switching from color (10MP) to b/w (2.9MP) but this was only in a office not installed. The real test is when when get one installed so I can't wait.

nice - how many fps and what cpu load (Xeon 3360?)?

What took you so long??

Your funny.... You have know idea how big this place is. 10 total cameras up now five 5MP and five 10MP. We now have connectively between all 4 switches and have IP coax converts running over 360ft on RG-59.

I'm assuming the backbone and network gear is already in place?

Is there other traffic on this?

Are you working alongside IT/ NOC guys or do you have the freedom to retrofit/ design your network how you wish?

We put are own network in. They had 2 spare fiber between hangers and they are ours now. All 4 switches we installed are for our network and cameras only. Every camera we either reused the camera rg-59 or pulled new wire to each camera.

Also so the 2 week install time is now gonna be 4 weeks and we will be using Theia Lenses.

Edited by Guest

Very cool! I'm almost more interested in your network than the cameras/ servers! Lol

Yea it's a big network.... let me put it to you this way the old analog system was run with rg-59 to a central location in each bulding then they used NVT for a 50 pair from bulding (a) to central location of building (b) then they grabbed the cameras in building (b) and used a 100 pair to jump to bulding © where the 64 channel DVR is located. I would say the longest run from DVR to farthest camera is 3500-4000 feet.

our setup is

Server to core switch building A, fiber from building A to B and A to C, then in building C we jump from IDF 1 to IDF 2 with coper over 270ft then from all switches we go out to cameras with cat5 or coax converters.

We will have some distance issues in the one building we will have runs from switch to camera that are pushing over 500ft.

Very cool! I'm almost more interested in your network than the cameras/ servers! Lol

Yea it's a big network.... let me put it to you this way the old analog system was run with rg-59 to a central location in each bulding then they used NVT for a 50 pair from bulding (a) to central location of building (b) then they grabbed the cameras in building (b) and used a 100 pair to jump to bulding © where the 64 channel DVR is located. I would say the longest run from DVR to farthest camera is 3500-4000 feet.

our setup is

Server to core switch building A, fiber from building A to B and A to C, then in building C we jump from IDF 1 to IDF 2 with coper over 270ft then from all switches we go out to cameras with cat5 or coax converters.

We will have some distance issues in the one building we will have runs from switch to camera that are pushing over 500ft.

k121908_jizzinmypants-1.jpg