Charles_Heraver

Pelco Spectra III SE P.M.

I am a newcomer to CCTV and this board, but not electronics. I have a couple of questions about Pelco Spectra III SE cameras. I have searched previous posts, and found some very useful information here.

We are looking at doing the PM inhouse, and I am wondering what exactly is recommended for these cameras. Same question for the DX8100 DVR.

From what I've seen on Pelco's website, these cameras "should" have a back board, dome drive, and the camera assembly itself. Am I missing anything else? I've looked at Time Lapse Supply and we will most likely have to order some parts from them.

We are in northern Illinois, so will have to wait a bit to actually get up to the cameras. In the meantime I hope to learn alot more about these units, and hopefully bring some more work inhouse.

Thank you very much for any suggestions.

Charles Heraver

As far as the contents go, you've pretty much covered it. Short of the odd cleaning of the dome, they really don't need much in the way of maintenance - I've seen Spectras running in the field for years, operating on constant tours or auto-sweeps, without ever needing a thing other than wiping down the outside of the dome. At worst, I can imagine if they're not completely sealed, you might have to take the dome down and clean out dead bugs or spiders...

This, of course, is one of the things you get when you pay $3000 for a PTZ, vs. a $300 unit: reliability.

I am a newcomer to CCTV and this board, but not electronics. I have a couple of questions about Pelco Spectra III SE cameras. I have searched previous posts, and found some very useful information here.

We are looking at doing the PM inhouse, and I am wondering what exactly is recommended for these cameras. Same question for the DX8100 DVR.

From what I've seen on Pelco's website, these cameras "should" have a back board, dome drive, and the camera assembly itself. Am I missing anything else? I've looked at Time Lapse Supply and we will most likely have to order some parts from them.

We are in northern Illinois, so will have to wait a bit to actually get up to the cameras. In the meantime I hope to learn alot more about these units, and hopefully bring some more work inhouse.

Thank you very much for any suggestions.

Charles Heraver

About the only Preventive Maintenance you can do is replace the cooling fans every few years. As far as repairs go, we do all of ours in-house, using parts from TLS and (occasionally) Pelco. The most common failures are the Power Supply kits.

Here are the parts we buy most often:

Power Supply Kit - DD53KIT

Camera Heads - varies, depending on original model

Firmware - (with camera head)

Camera Bracket - 7064013COMP

Tilt Leg - MF00-5561-100A

Slip Ring - PA05-0039-00A0

We often buy the 'B' stock parts to save money. Mostly they have worked well and TLS makes good on the ones that don't.