Sign in to follow this  
amac_2000

Hello

Just want to introduce myself, I have been involved with the setup and repair of a somewhat large CCTV system at my place of work. I am an electronic and computer technician. I also enjoy tinkering around with things and that's what brings me here. The company I work for has just under 128 cameras spread out over 4 DVRs (32 cameras per DVR). I do my best to keep IT's hands off of our equipment as when they walk in the door and look at the systems they don't have a clue how they work or what to do to service them. Originally before I maintained them IT was using the JBOD function on a 3ware sata controller and said it was running RAID6. They couldn't understand why they lost recorded data when 1 drive failed on that system so I took over and actually set up a RAID6 volume with 2 hot spares that works. What good is a DVR system if the recorded video is lost on a failed hard drive? Anyways enough about that, I'm here because I want to tinker with the iVMS software that Hikvision has for their DVR cards and learn more about what others are doing. Our systems at work are running Netvision 4.66 (yup it’s old) so I wanted to get a feel for the differences.