Sign in to follow this  
Dennis

AVTECH 674 Issues

Hi,

Having a few problems trying to get the above DVR working. I have managed to get it working through the LAN without any problems. I just cannot connect remotely.

1) Would I be right in thinking that I have to set the DVR to PPPOE rather than static in order for it to work remotely?

2) I have set-up a domain on dyndns.com. In my port forwarding I have used the router's ip address and port number 80. Is that correct for connecting remotely?

3) On Video Viewer on my iphone I use the hostname *&*$^.dyndns.org etc.

I have done all the above, but still can't get it to work? Is it anything to do with the fact that my ISP uses PPPOA and not PPPOE?

Sorry...Understand bits, but not all.

Would appreciate some help.

Many thanks,

D

Having a few problems trying to get the above DVR working. I have managed to get it working through the LAN without any problems. I just cannot connect remotely.

1) Would I be right in thinking that I have to set the DVR to PPPOE rather than static in order for it to work remotely?

It depends of your internet connection (do you have a normal Adsl?) then of course it's not a fixed IP. If you have any user or password from the internet company need to enter in the network configurations of the dvr together with the dyndns

2) I have set-up a domain on dyndns.com. In my port forwarding I have used the router's ip address and port number 80. Is that correct for connecting remotely?

80 is the port for internet, i suggest to use another port,...... like 8080.

I suggest to ping your dyndns account to see if it's active or not.

3) On Video Viewer on my iphone I use the hostname *&*$^.dyndns.org etc.

In Iphone Avtech uses EagleEyes program, config it's ok

I have done all the above, but still can't get it to work? Is it anything to do with the fact that my ISP uses PPPOA and not PPPOE?

That it's not important

If you have the opportunity try to connect the DVR from another internet line, just to make sure where is the problem (what's the brand of your router?)

D