goodboynyc

Reset networked password?

My parents own a digital video system for our laundromat to keep an eye on things and review foot from the odd individuals that lurk around. But recently I've been called to review recorded feeds which requires me to drop everything I do and get home to view it.

Well, two years ago I managed to connect the dvs to my network and was able to view through any computer that was running the networked software that came with it. But thats as far as it went, I never got around to connecting it to some web portal to access anywhere and I've since FORGOTTEN the password -_- .

Is there some way to reset the password???

We need to the model or brand of the DVR.

If you are unsure, post a photo of it or a screenshot of the software.

Looks like an AvTech DVR

I cant recall the default pass but try 1111 or 0000

Thing is you already got in there, so you can reset it there?

Hi,

Hardware reset will restore all settings to default, but maybe there is no need to do that.

Username and password of default are (user: admin , psw: admin).

Because of the firmware, i think the device should be a CPD505 mpeg4 (you can find on the label of the product, is it right?)

In the menu of DVR, if you go to "General", then "Account" here you will find all the active users (and the username and password you choosen for them). Clicking "Add" you can create a new user: create a "Supervisor" user to have total access to the dvr from internet, and choose the name and password you want.

If you have any problem, reply me.

(the firmware you have is not the newest one, but if the dvr is working you don't need to upgrade)