motofox

help with a new camera and software glitch

Hi, iv installed a new ip dome camera that i got new off ebay, the only model number it shows is NVS-355-V01 . It works great but has a very anoying problem; when zoomed in, the camera software does not compensate and slow the movment rate, so when i try to move a little, the camera jumps a lot as if it was still unzoomed. The manual speed slider has no effect on this too. The remote software is called NVSSERVER and it and the firmware appear to be upto date as far as i can tell. Any help fixing this or if anyone knows of a newer firmware to fix it would be great.

I can find very little on this camera - I assume from your description, it's a PTZ? Do you at least know if it's using optical or digital zoom?

Seeing as you got it off fleaBay, I wouldn't really expect much from it...

Hi Soundy,

I have the same cam from HKG.

Did You find any new firmware, because the high speed for the PT in toom mode is not very nice.

If You have any information, please let me know

What you're asking for is called Propotional Zoom/Smart Zoom to eliminate what I call "sniper effect" by the model number it seems it's coming from some Chinese Home Industry. Really doubt if there is any solution.