litmike

Help with a whiteout problem

I am have trouble with a installation of a replacement camera for a customer,using the location of the old camera I am getting a white in the back ground.

I am using a HR 520 Vari Focal lens with WDR. If I bring the angle down the picture is fine but not what the customer wants to see. Wants to be able to see faces as the come in.

One sale person mentioned a double scan WDR?

Is it the location?

When setting the camera setting is there a proper order of what to set first and so on to fine tune a camera? ( Not much info in the instructions)

This photo is a picture of the problem.

Would like some suggestions

Thanks

Mike

1348221614_timesavewhiteout.jpg.d3d755258ef942e14096ea588db79812.jpg

This was the only thing I could find for a camera model "HR520":

1012015478-1.jpg

If that's the one... it's no wonder you have problems: it's cheap crap, and the claims of WDR are misleading at best... outright lies at worst.

It's hard to tell from the tiny picture, but it does look as if dynamic range is your problem, in which case, you'll want something with GOOD WDR, or at least a good BLC (backlight compensation) function... or at best, something along the lines of a Panasonic SuperDynamic model.

If the owner wants to actually IDENTIFY faces, however, you're going to need a much tighter shot, and you'll probably want to aim it at the entry door ONLY - you won't get sufficient detail for a good ID with the wide shot shown in your attachment.

i'm with you soundy, decent blc needed here...

unless you move the cam to the opposite side so light is behind you, then you're getting their mugshots as they turn around and leave.

Thaks for the input

Here is more information but -- same answer?

The camera in question is EWDR-102 purchased from connectors plus

not on their site yet in new catalog $129

1/3 sharp color Hi -Res 550 TV lines

2.8 -10.5 Auto Iris Varifical lens

True day night capability(icr-ir cut filter removeable

02.lux

24 IRs

OSD operation for AES AGC AWB BLC FLK MD PMK

DC 12V

Sell it and buy something that doesnt have a Sharp chip.

Also, if thats not an option, mount it on the other side looking in so there is no backlighting issues from the windows/door.

Also in that type of camera it would be Digital WDR, not True WDR, and how well it performs would depend on the manufacturer, Ive had manufacturers even tell me its okay but its nothing like True WDR.