hi i was hoping i could get some help im new to installing ptz i got a samsung 27x external ptz was hoping i could get some advice on how to install please.

thankyou to all that read and any help is great

hi i was hoping i could get some help im new to installing ptz i got a samsung 27x external ptz was hoping i could get some advice on how to install please.

thankyou to all that read and any help is great

Hi Shakerbess,

Firstly you want to make a note of what the protocol, baud rate and address of the dome is. Jumper settings inside the dome allow you to set/adjust these, see the manual(I would keep it nice and simple like address 001, baud 4800, pelco p/d). Do all this on the ground before mounting it, it will save your back.

Aswell as power and video, you need to run a cable(cat5/belden) to the PTZ for data. Also check you're sending the right voltage(12/24 vdc/vac)!

At the rear of the DVR there should be A and B or T and R for you to connect the data cable to. PTZ settings in the DVR menu will need to be set also, it's all self explanatory really...

G'luck.

hi mate

thankyou for the advice the installation was spot on after reading manual and having a play i did set both ptz and matrix controller and then installed.

thankyou for your advice sorry for late reply hope you dont think im rude in anyway mate