is200

PC System or DVR

Hi, I basically need to set up a cctv system asap,I need help in deciding weather to add 2x 4 channel capture cards to a P4 3ghz,512mb ram, 250gb hd pc (I have 6 analogue camera's, the capture cards are only £15 each on ebay), but i dont know any cheap software available or would it be easier to buy a dvr from ebay, id like the ability for remote viewing from another pc and also a mobile phone, any suggestions on which method would be cheaper and which would be better would be appreciated.

Thanks

It's generally not a good idea to buy ANY CCTV gear from fleaBay...

Your computer would be sufficient to run a basic DVR, and most cards do come with software... however, a lot of cheap cards/software won't support using two cards in the same system, so you would either need to confirm that the ones you're looking at can (assuming you trust the what the seller tells you), or look for an 8-channel card.

Given that cheap fleaBay cards will likely provide no end of headaches in getting them working properly, you're probably better off just getting a cheap standalone unit...