Sign in to follow this  
cctvlad

Avtech KPD674 PTZ control

Hi there, I have a Avtech KPD674 dvr I want to have ptz control with this dvr but it has a DSUB 9 pin output only for the ptz control. I bought a dsub 9 pin out ptz adapter for this but it still doesn't work.

does it need voltage input as well if so what voltage? the adapter is attached for your viewing hope to have some help on this.

the communication is at rs485 as well.

Thanks for any help

rs485.thumb.jpg.f0ee41a789a40b412c82289c105d8b6d.jpg

Hi,

-First you should check if inverting the position of wires it's working

-Second what is the camera you are controlling? (also avtech?) Otherwise you need to check the protocol (avtech dvrs support: avtech, pelco-p, pelco-d)

-Of course both camera and dvr must be power on

-Check that on the dvr configuration you insert the settings of the camera correctly: (ID, baud rate, protocol - must be the same of the ones in camera config.), and make sure you selected "PTZ" option in Device (in the channel you connected the ptz camera).

I use different ptz adapter (with 9 ports) and i connect the wires in port 8 and 9, but it should work also with your.

Hi there

I've just posted same problem. Hadn't viewed active topics first, so didn't realise you'd beaten me to it.

Looking at your picture, I have a slightly different converter. Mine has another longer section in-between the two sections shown in your pic, but mine still doesn't work either

Just out of interest, what PTZ are you trying to control ?

I'm hoping that somebody on this forum could solve both of our problems

Good luck

sean

Hi guys thanks for the good replies im still getting no answers for getting the avtech dsub ptz to work.

i have bought a controller so i will change settings around to get it to work. perhaps the baud rate would need to be upped on the camera or change protocol around.

this is a different set up compared to my other post elsewhere in the forum.

the camera itself is a basic Ebay ptz camera (no leds)

it works fine with a joystick controller though but its getting it to work with the dvr so it can be controlled by Iphone app.

srsmith the long bit that you refer to is a 232 to 485 convertor the i had this too but i soon realised that the avtech dsub output is already rs485 so just the adapter is needed but i think the adapter itself isn't the right pinout for it and im looking for the right set up perhaps a solderable dsub and solder the wires onto 8 and 9 pinout as Leohuangdi says.

but first will check camera config and dvr matchup first.

will let you know how i get on fellas.

Hi. Just wondering whether you managed to sort this problem. I have a AVTECh 674 with a Sony high speed camera but can not get the PTZ to work. I am an electronic engineer and know that all cables, connections, and settings are ok. Decided to contact the company I bought the DVR from last december and was told that this is a common problem and is a protocol problem which affects many DVR's and cameras. Apparently even though the camera and DVR are using the same Pelco-D protocol there are still compatability issues. Up until now I have been using a pc with software PTZ Controller with a RS232 to RS485 converter without any problems so I know the camera is working ok. Was told that the only way around it is to purchase a joystick controller but I want to be able to control the camera from a remote location so need the DVR's own built in PTZ to work.

Has anyone come accross a software upgrade or some other solution to this and where do I stand legally because I bought a DVR with PTZ control only to be told six months later that the PTZ part of it is a common problem and I need to get a joystick controller.

Hi Fisyyma,

What is the model of Sony speed dome you want to connect? Does it has also Pelco-P protocol? I noticed that some cameras are working only with one of these 2 protocols.

How do you connect the camera to the DVR? Are RS485 wires connected to PIN 8 and 9?

I think that buy a Joystick is not always the best solution, joystick needs to be compatible with both PTZ camera and dvr........and some of the commands probably will not match.

Leo