tdav

wv964e with cu161 or anything!

I have a wv-cw964 E and an cu-161 and I cant get the PTZ to function. Have tried every imaginable dip switch setting as well as run a 4 line rs484 line from the unit and tried it in this mode. Nothing seems to work. Also have a dvr with a send rs484 function and cant get the unit to function here either. Any help would be appreciated! or if someone knows a company that works on these that would be great as well. Unit came from a sealed box. Thanks ! T

Hi Tdav,

you got yourself a nice piece of kit there, once it's up and running that is!!

First of all can you tell us a bit about your knowledge and background and things you have already tried, so we're not second guessing you. It sounds as though there's nothing wrong with the cabling... you have tested this yes?

I take it the ptz powers up and succeeds its preliminary/set-up tour and the dip switches, address, protocol config identically match those set at the controller??

These are simple questions but we need to start somewhere.

May seem like a stupid question, but are you connecting the RS-485 properly? You don't match the connections on each end - you need to connect the "TX" connectors on the controller to the "RX" terminals on the camera (RX on the controller and TX on the camera aren't normally required).