D.V.S.

CNB Vbm-24vf Without Smoke Dome Cover

Ok, so after installing the samsung clear dome, I have to say there is not much of a difference between no dome and the clear one. Images are nice and bright, and it maintains its focus. There is a slight magnification with the clear dome installed but it does not seem to affect video quality like the original smoke dome. Night shots are truly amazing now. I may reduce my AGC of 4 down a few notches.

The only disadvantage I can think of is the autoswitching of day to night. With the increased light collecting ability, you may experience that the cam will stay in day (color) mode. My cams do switch to night mode though. You can easily test this by removing the smoke dome at dusk and see if it switches after it becomes dark outside.

I'm not going to post any final pictures comparing the clear to no dome. They look the same. But if you ask, then I will obey.

Is it worth it? To me, yes. Better night performance and less picture degradation. Easy to install too. Try removing that smoke dome and see for yourself.