Sign in to follow this  
lombana

Blue Iris Recording Question

Been looking at Blue Iris per a lot of the recommendations on this board to opt out of using the Vivotek 5701 package that came with my cams. I've discovered the Vivotek system is pulling in all 4 streams from each cam resulting in a 10Mbit/s stream per cam to the server which is totally unnecessary since I only need to record 1 stream from each.

I've been testing the demo version of Blue Iris and see where you can pick up 1 stream, in this case my 1280*720 stream and record at a different or scaled back frame rate. In this case I stream at 1280*720 15fps h.264 but Blue will record at 3fps.

Question, is it possible to make Blue jump to the full stream frame rate for motion / alarm events and drop back down after the timer on the event is expired.

Figured that someone on here may be using it this way and may be able to answer before I spend 50 bucks.

Thanks in advance,

Miguel

Contact their support. I found their support to be excellent, but I currently don't use Blue Iris.

Contact their support. I found their support to be excellent, but I currently don't use Blue Iris.

I will give them a shot I was hesitant since I'm in demo mode, assumed that support would be for paid customers only.