tomdlgns

need help with exacq software...might need 3rd party soft..?

i am currently using GeoVision software on my old DVRs. i purchased one exacq NVR for one of my sites and if all goes well, i will slowly start to replace all old units with exacq.

here is my dilema with exacq, not with GeoVision, with GeoVision i am getting exactly what i want.

5 offices...office 1, 2, 3, etc....

office 1 is the main office

office 2,3,4 & 5 are remote offices in different cities.

office 1 has 4 32 inch LCD monitors each connected to their own PC.

pc 2 connected directly to lcd 2 displays the cameras from office number 2 in full screen, or very close to it, and cycles through each camera for 10 seconds

pc 3 connected directly to lcd 3 displays the cameras from office number 3 in full screen, or very close to it, and cycles through each camera for 10 seconds

etc....up to pc/lcd 4

my issue with exacq is that it doesnt work this way. their tech support told me that there isnt a way to cycle the images like this via the client software. i find that hard to believe, but apparently it seems like i cant do it.

Probably because cycling through cameras isn't a very popular option compared to simply displaying them all on a split-screen - if you're cycling four cameras on a 10s delay, each camera will be visible for 10s and then off the screen for 30s, which isn't very useful.

I just don't expect it's a priority for most systems.

ok, issue has been resolved.

what i had to do was setup up a tour...this works perfect from the client software to do what i need it to do.

Probably because cycling through cameras isn't a very popular option compared to simply displaying them all on a split-screen - if you're cycling four cameras on a 10s delay, each camera will be visible for 10s and then off the screen for 30s, which isn't very useful.

I just don't expect it's a priority for most systems.

yes, that is a good point.

however, our dispatch area has 4 large monitors in their section that are mounted on the wall and even though they see the camera for 10 seconds, it is long enough for them to get the information they need.

some locations have 9 cameras and other have 2. so displaying 2 cameras in a 4 split view is worthless when the bottom 2 squares are blanked out. not only that, but then you have to walk up to the monitor to see the smaller picture.

now imagine my location with 10 cameras. the only way to display that is to have small camera views...

i agree, that for a security guard monitoring all cameras at one time is very beneficial. however, our crew is simply viewing the monitor and looking for available space. they are dispatchers and they just need to see what bays are available vs not available. it has been this way for 3.5 years and it is a very beneficial tool for them. i'd hat to implement new technology and take a step backwards as far as the configuration/display.

anyway, i am glad that creating a 'tour' solves this issue. it allows me to move forward and not lose any features while doing so.