Sign in to follow this  
devonjem

Avtech 674

Hello. I have just bought this 4 channel DVR and am having a problem setting up the motion detection. I have gone into the advanced configuration and set the detect tab to "motion", and have set the record tab to enable motion recording "yes", and enable manual recording to "off".

What happens is that the motion icon appears when motion is detected, but it does not record. The only way i can get it to record is if i select "yes" for the "enable manual recording", but then it just continuously records.

Any ideas?

thanks

Hi,

I'm not sure if you have managed to get it working as you have posted your questions some time ago. Still, I had the same problem. I have managed to get it working so when I got a motion detection then it also starts to record it to the hard drive. My trick was to disable everything (even camera recording). Then I have gone to setup the record timer and after that I have enabled the recording function for the cameras. Then it just started to work as it should. Also now I'm able to set the dvr to record continuously and later to actually only perform motion detection.

Hope it helps

--regards