mr.cupra

need help...configuring samsung DVR

i had such hard time trying to connect SAMSUNG SHR-3040 DVR (4 Channel) to my office network or to internet but at i ended up so frostrated cz i couldnt ..its so complicated and i hope someone would help me..

the DVR is connected directly to the router (NETGEAR DG834G) with direct internet connection and the computer im using is also connected to the router and its a part of the office network.

router NETGEAR DG834G

ip: 192.168.0.1

so my first issue is configuring the router to work with the DVR and i couldnt find any online information about that MODEL ((ip's, port forwarding,..etc))

DVR SAMSUNG SHR-3040

ip:192.168.0.200

ip port: 50000

web server port: 0080

((not sure about these numbers i gave))

when i try to access the WebViewer screen as //192.168.0.200:80 it works but it just takes me to the DVR setup screen as the web server ip page should be,

but when am trying to view the camera in the browser using //192.168.0.200:50000 it DOESNT WORK AT ALL :'( while i tried every possible way to solve it but im fed up and..it takes a while loading then "The webpage cannot be displayed"..

i have a Kerio WinRoute FireWall installed on my network on the computer am trying to configure the DVR on and i dont know if it could be the problem or i just missed something in configuring the DVR, though i've created a rule in Kerio to allow TCP/UCP services from these ports "0080/50000"..

so any way to get my camera's working??..

router NETGEAR DG834G

ip: 192.168.0.1

so my first issue is configuring the router to work with the DVR and i couldnt find any online information about that MODEL ((ip's, port forwarding,..etc))

I googled "NETGEAR DG834G" and the third link (after two Wikipedia entries) was Netgear's page for this router: http://kb.netgear.com/app/products/family/a_id/1288

Select the proper version from that, and you can download the manuals, firmware updates, etc.

DVR SAMSUNG SHR-3040

ip:192.168.0.200

ip port: 50000

web server port: 0080

((not sure about these numbers i gave))

when i try to access the WebViewer screen as //192.168.0.200:80 it works but it just takes me to the DVR setup screen as the web server ip page should be,

but when am trying to view the camera in the browser using //192.168.0.200:50000 it DOESNT WORK AT ALL :'( while i tried every possible way to solve it but im fed up and..it takes a while loading then "The webpage cannot be displayed"..

That's because there's not a webserver on that port - that's the port the web viewer uses to communicate with the DVR. You should be connecting on port 80 with your browser and running the webviewer (not familiar with this DVR, but it probably requires an ActiveX control be installed, which means it will only work in Internet Explorer); it then communicates over port 50000.

If you're just viewing this from your LAN, no port forwarding is necessary.

ok i've changed the web server port to:2000 and still doesnt work..what about "If you're just viewing this from your LAN, no port forwarding is necessary" ?? how can i do that?...should i connect the DVR to the router or network switch?..