pomonastik

Newby-can anybody identify this type of pendant ptz camera ?

g'day everyone

i'm simon and this is my first post.

so i'm making my first tentative stab at cobbling together the components for a long range terrestrial landscape monitoring system.

i was professionally very closely involved in a $2.4m 'bells & whistles' trial of the very latest and greatest technology last year which frustratingly remains switched off and redundant yet within arm's reach.therefore i have decided to do a home-based system my own way which is, typically for me, going to be based on industrial detritus at pocket money prices found on ebay.

so my first purchase has been made:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180643556471&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:AU:1123#ht_1840wt_932

(i can't seem to enable the url just yet)

i have also sourced a back-up block camera unit to troubleshoot with.

the dome is currently in transit and despite a lot of image surfing i haven't been able to 'pick' the brand or style up. if anyone has seen a similar beast before could they point me to where i might find some documentation ? i'll try and attach a jpg below

initially the control unit is the local supermarket's old cast off security PC. it is an Intellex DV16000.

http://www.tycosafetyproducts-europe.com/english/pdf/datasht/cctv/DV16000%202.4_Data%20Sheet.pdf

also on standby for my system are several large sony profeel crt monitors and various analogue signal switching devices.

so your finest jibes and sniggering smilies are most welcome but some helpful hints among them will be gratefully received.

cheers

pomonastik (aka simon)

fire lookout observer

peters hill fire tower, bambra, victoria, australia

IMG_4614.jpg.78519a2036cb5c389fc6dfaf84598bea.jpg

IMG_4613.jpg.28d5d8317ed71ca6ffa7fc5fa6762880.jpg

Holy smokes, that looks ghetto-fab... like someone built their own PT assembly and attached a standard box cam to it, then wedged the whole thing inside a pendant dome housing.

Offhand, I would say good luck finding an actual manufacturer or model name for that thing - I think the manufacturer is "Joe's Workshop".

Once it arrives, you might be able to get some manufacturer names off the various components...

thanks guys, i'm now brimming over with confidence

still, when i get into something i like a challenge ! i've always found it a good idea to struggle with a piece of junk to start out with. that way by the time one 'cracks the sads' and takes to the object of one's frustrations with the manchester screwdriver one has learnt enough about what one DOESN'T want to make an informed decision and usually can offset the cost paid in savings made when eventually buying a 'proper' one.

what is probably most frustrating is that sitting just 5 feet outside my 'office' window is one of these, unused and moribund in a sea of red tape.

it would probably be years before anybody even noticed if it wasn't there !

228649051_fwkk001(450x600).jpg.1669f9ab8d3ab84ea5c2647a5aad972c.jpg