jonnysteele

3VR DVR Email Setting HELP!!!

I have a 3vr DVR in my house and has has the feature to email me alerts. Im trying to get it to send me emails to my hotmail account but im having issues. Here is what the email settings are...

EMAIL SERVER NETWORK ADDRESS:

3VR SMARTRECORDER EMAIL ADDRESS:

CHECK BOX FOR "REQUIRES AUTHORIZATION"

EMAIL SERVER USER NAME:

EMAIL SERVER PASSWORD:

Thats the only settings for email.

I have the DVR connected via cat5 to my router and its connected to the net via Time Warner Cable.

Here is what the manual says for the email settings:

Email Server Network Address

Enter the email server the SmartRecorder

will use to send outgoing messages.

Port 25 will be assigned by default; if

a different port is required for email,

append the port number to the IP address

or mail server name in this field, using this

format: mail.yourcompany.com:123

• 3VR SmartRecorder Email Address

Enter the email address that will be

used as the From address for all alerts

and outgoing email messages.

4. If authentication is required for the selected

account:

• Check the box next to Email Server

Requires Authorization.

• Enter an email server user

name and password.

1.Have you set the STMP serve(e.g. smtp.gmail.com) that used to send email correctly?

2.If yes,check the STMP port(gmail:465) whether properly configed

I have a 3vr DVR in my house and has has the feature to email me alerts. Im trying to get it to send me emails to my hotmail account but im having issues. Here is what the email settings are...

1.Have you set the STMP serve(e.g. smtp.gmail.com) that used to send email correctly?

2.If yes,check the STMP port(gmail:465) whether properly configed

I have no idea what that means. Ive never dealt with email on a dvr before. i just know im using hotmail.

Do you pay for your Hotmail account? If not, Hotmail does not support free smtp.

Also, many DVRs do no support the latest SSL required for Gmail or other freebie smtp servers.

If you get free email from your ISP, you may try using that. A lot of time they are behind the times, and may not use the latest encryption if they use it all.

Do you pay for your Hotmail account? If not, Hotmail does not support free smtp.

Also, many DVRs do no support the latest SSL required for Gmail or other freebie smtp servers.

If you get free email from your ISP, you may try using that. A lot of time they are behind the times, and may not use the latest encryption if they use it all.

No im not paying for hotmail, ive had a free account for years. So is there a way to get a free account? Or if i pay for hotmail, will it work then??