I want to install a cctv system in my home which is approx 1500 sq. I wanted to install a wired system but started thinking about using wireless ip cams. I plan to use about 4 to 8 cams.What are the advantages and disadvantages. Will I have to supply power over ethernet for each camera? The IP cams I have been looking at dont appear to be outdoor cams. And last question, how would I get these cameras to record to my DVR

I want to install a cctv system in my home which is approx 1500 sq. I wanted to install a wired system but started thinking about using wireless ip cams. I plan to use about 4 to 8 cams.What are the advantages and disadvantages.

Wireless seems like a nice idea - quick and convenient - but in practice, unless you're using quality wireless systems designed for this sort of purpose, you'll likely run into problems with range and network speed. Keep in mind that none of the cameras are COMPLETELY wireless, either; they still need to be powered from somewhere.

Will I have to supply power over ethernet for each camera?

Power over Ethernet provides power via the network cable. If you're using wireless, there is no network cable - you'll be looking for a wall outlet or extension cord close enough to the camera to plug in its wall adapter (probably within 4'-5').

And last question, how would I get these cameras to record to my DVR

You would either need to use IP-to-analog decoders (clunky solution, and will get expensive as you add them up), or record to an NVR or hybrid DVR. If you already have a DVR, I'm going to guess that it's not a hybrid.