GT500Shlby

Lanscape Yard Camera System

I'm doing a favor for a friend who has a landscaping yard and currently has a simple 4 camera NetProMax system, but wants to add 2 more cameras.

I've done some surveillance work before, but he doesn't have my usual budget. I know Axis, Bosch Divar and Everfocus. Looking online for more reasonably priced solutions, it seems that CCTV DVR's are a dime a dozen and they are all the same probably built by the same Taiwanese company.

I checked out a Q-See solution but some of the specs and everything just didn't sit well with me. As well as the others I have worked with have some quirks I would like to avoid.

#1. - It needs mac compatible remote configuration and viewing. I am primarily mac-based at home. I have a few windows computers, but I don't like to use Windows and I most certainly do not want to use Internet Explorer. I prefer Mac and Firefox 4.

#2. - I would like a system that can work with widescreen monitors. You buy a monitor today and its 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio. 4:3 is dead.

#3. - I need a system with a less cumbersome backup and archival solution than Everfocus. The USB port on their ECOR264X16 dvr only supports a maximum of 8GB. To backup or archive from the web utility is well, hit or miss.

#4. - Low power, or as low as feasibly possible. He only has a 100amp circuit and has been having power issues.

Which leads me to my next issue. Do they make Power Supply panels with PFC and the like or do I need to use a battery backup? Using a UPS would cause more of a power drain that I would like to avoid. He currently has 4 regular power supplies plugged into a overloaded power-strip. So he needs an 8camera power distribution panel.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

GT

Yeah, this guy doesn't have the $ for that expensive of a system. I talked to a manager at Q-See and they have a new series which is Mac compatible and they are going to have a firmware update with 16:9 resolution support soon.