toothsome

Best software for compatibility?

hi! I've purchased and installed an 8ch analog H.264 capture card, and also have a couple of IP cameras.

All works fine, but the trouble is, the bundled software is awful, and also won't remotely view on a mac. It's a home install so I'm hoping not to spend too much on software (Sub 100 hopefully!). Can someone recommend which software they would / do use in this scenario? My wishlist is:

- Runs on Windows XP

- Viewer / JPEG stream for Mac & iPhone

- Local record, data backup to network drive

- Usual stuff (motion detection / view selection etc)

- As few bugs as possible, and in proper English!

There seem to be so many poorly written software variants (i've already downloaded half a dozen) so I'm thinking surely there must be a 'go to' application that would tick these five boxes?

Thanks!

As i grow older i find my mind reading skills grow weaker. It might be simpler if you actually told us what card you had then make us guess. Also a good picture of it would help, an overall view and a close up of the larger chips, so we can read the numbers.

Ah sorry! The vendor told me it would work with any software and as the driver is installed and working I thought that would be it!

It is a 9200 model - here's the ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270737239361

And further info below - let me know if you need any other info from it...

DirectDrwa video preview technology, H.264/MPEG. video compression algorithm

Support Smart mobile phone & Iphone monitoring, including sending color photos when it is alarming (The mobile phone must support multimedia message). Real-time image monitoring.

Support IE browser and client software, and support the CMS software.

Single chipset supports for 4 channel video, 2channel audio. Single system supports to 32 channel video.

Real-time preview resolution maximum supports to the D1:PAL: 704*576 (D1) NTSC: 704*480 (D1),

Recording resolution CIF: PAL: 352*288(CIF) NTSC: 320*240 (CIF)

Be compatible with most Motherboard and graphic card, the compatibility is excellent. For example: the Intel 845, 848, 945, G31, P45 motherboard, the AMD and VIA Motherboard.

Network setup is very convenient, and it has the VNN / DDNS function. Don??t need to open the ports from Router for WAN.

Videos occupy smaller space, 40-180MB on average, and with good video quality. Simultaneously video and audio.

Adopt advanced digital image processing technology chips MV9200. 10-bit ADC with 4H comb filter. So the picture is clear and the color is true. The card has very low power consumption, no noise point.

Support motion detection, and support high-speed camera's preset and linkage alarm.

It adopts MV9200 chips to digitizing the analog video signals. It will be stored in the hard disk after real-time compressing and coding, or through the transmission of computer networks to achieve data sharing. The system can also handle video signal 1-32channels. It is widely used in the field of banking, electricity, telecommunications, water conservancy, intelligent building, home, office ,supermarket, store, and packing lot etc.

Operating language: English, Spanish, Simplified "inese, Traditional Chinese(Big5).

Product Specification

Video Input: 8 channels/card

Audio Input: 4 channel/card

Display Rate: 240 fps (NTSC) 200 fps (PAL)

Recording Rate: 240 fps (NTSC) 200 fps (PAL)

Compression Format: H.264/MPEG

Compression Spaces Rate: 40--180M/h/ch

System Support: 32channels/4cards

Alarm Function: 8ch input, output/card

Alarm Record: Yes

PTZ Control: Yes

Operating System Support: Win2000/XP/VISTA 32 bit/Win 7 Ultimate 32bit

I guess ' VASTVISION MV9200' are the chips of interest (of which there are 2)? I've whipped it out to take a quick photo which I'll attach...

(Tricky as this forum logs me out every time I click submit - does it not like Safari / Mac maybe?)

Full chip markings:

MV9200

VASTVISION CO.LTD

P6L68-010

MV9200

VASTVISION CO.LTD

P6L68-010

PLX

TECHNOLOGY

PCI6140-AA33PC G

MS006 CHINA

The NV9200 chip is a very poor chip, look at this spec.

Recording resolution CIF: PAL: 352*288(CIF) NTSC: 320*240 (CIF)

Your only possibility is go to the manufactures site and see if they have updated software.

http://www.macro-video.com/en/download.asp

But even if you get it to run that resolution is terrible. The NV9200 is also a bastard chip. No other software will work with it.

Oh dear. NV9200 you say though, mine says MV9200, is that any different?

I do have an 8ch card that cost a lot more, but I got fed up with having to reinstall the drivers / os every other day. It seems theres an awful lot of rubbish out there, with badly written drivers and equally badly written software with poor Chinese to English translations. I know it's possible to spend thousands, but I'm not. What's the best thing to do in my situation?

Go to that mfg site and see if you can match up your card to verify we talking about same thing.

Also let me know what your other card is, maybe you have possibilities there.

hi! I've purchased and installed an 8ch analog H.264 capture card, and also have a couple of IP cameras.

All works fine, but the trouble is, the bundled software is awful, and also won't remotely view on a mac. It's a home install so I'm hoping not to spend too much on software (Sub 100 hopefully!). Can someone recommend which software they would / do use in this scenario? My wishlist is:

- Runs on Windows XP

- Viewer / JPEG stream for Mac & iPhone

- Local record, data backup to network drive

- Usual stuff (motion detection / view selection etc)

- As few bugs as possible, and in proper English!

There seem to be so many poorly written software variants (i've already downloaded half a dozen) so I'm thinking surely there must be a 'go to' application that would tick these five boxes?

Thanks!

Hi there,

The netvision software can reach your target.

There are DVR Server and NVR Client, both support Windows 2000 / 2003 / XP / VISTA / 7

Simple client software running on MAC OS, also support iPhone/iPad/Blackberry/Android and other smart phones.

Local record, remote search, Network backup system to backup recorded data to other PC

Motion, Sensor, Video Loss alarm are supported

Finally, it is stable.

You can refer to http://www.netvisiondvr.com for details.

Ah sorry! The vendor told me it would work with any software and as the driver is installed and working I thought that would be it!

The vendor lied through his teeth - there is no such thing as a "universal" DVR card that will work with any software.

That definitely looks like the right site for the card as it talks about xvision and xserver. Although the site is a classic example of the confusing literature some of these vendors like to push out!

My other card has more chips, and is a 'Higheasy' card, which came bundled with 'DVR7000' software. I can't get it to work at all now, despite having reinstalled a dozen times and even tried different drivers that I found from elsewhere which purported to be the same thing.

Chip markings:

2 x the following:

Hynix 8515A A

5DU281622FTP-5

2 x the following:

Techwell

TW2815

DATA1-GR

WOB459001

...and on the other side what looks like RAM chips and also:

XILINX

SPARTAN

XC3S250E

PQG208DGQ0845

D3623400A1

4C

W9864G2GH-6

0742H

...and stickers with the numbers:

0903301708HC0140892

90320b06

Here is a download from mfg for dvr7000, looks old though.

http://www.higheasy.com/en/pages/center_show.asp?id=39

I can not find your card here either but this does look like the right place. You definitely have a specialty card, probably hardware mpeg4. I doubt any software but the original mfg will work on it. Also it was made for xp or older operating systems.

Thanks for this, but yes I have tried this software on a fresh install of XP and still no joy. Doesn't come up with any errors - just no video whatsoever..

That card does look very similar. Unfortunately netvision guy seems to have gone a bit quiet, he's not answering my PMs and apparently I'm not entitled to send him an email!

Don't suppose anyone has a login for the 'downlaod' [sic] area do they?

This forum still doesn't work on my mac.

“Unfortunately netvision guy seems to have gone a bit quiet, he's not answering my PMs “

China’s day is our night (at least mine, USA), so give him a day to respond.

BTW, hikvision software should work also, they use same cards as netvision. You might get lucky here with this card.

You must have a professional card, about the hardware MPEG4's. I doubt any software, but the manufacture of the Cheap Chanel Tote Bags [link removed by mod] original work on it. At the same time it is for XP or older operating system...

undecided.gif.7b4c5ca096cecc8f3c841381a7b01d83.gif

That card does look very similar. Unfortunately netvision guy seems to have gone a bit quiet, he's not answering my PMs and apparently I'm not entitled to send him an email!

Don't suppose anyone has a login for the 'downlaod' [sic] area do they?

This forum still doesn't work on my mac.

Sorry, Toothsome, I did PM you immediately when I got your PM. But maybe you didn't get it. I sent a PM to you just now, can you please check?

You ever manage to download this? Did it work? I'm in similar boat with similar card by same company

Want to try that software