quackcom08

Need help with port forwarding on 2Wire Router

My name is Jake and im new to this site, i was wondering if you guys could help me. I am using a Nuvico EV-1600N DVR and the customer has AT&T 2Wire Router. I have set up many cameras on networks but all have been on a Linksys router. I have already created him a host name on Dyndns.com and tested the hostname on the DVR but i am still unable to view off site. I have tried creating a host application with access to port 7000 which is what i have the DVR set to but for some reason i cant seem to get it working. The customers IP is Dynamic and not Static and im not sure what im doing wrong on the Router settings. Any Suggestions???

Thanks, Jake

Do you have port 80 forwarded as well as port 7000? Usually if the DVR is using a web-based client, it will need to connect on port 80 first to load the client.

No I just have port 7000. On the Nuvico dvr you can only choose one port. Do I change it to port 80 on the DVR or, on the router settings do I "add another defination" so it reads- TCP Port 7000 to 7000.

TCP Port 80 to 80?

Also when I check the satus of his hostname in the DDNS tab on the Network Settings of the DVR it reads good but when I check if Port 7000 is open it says error. Also if somebody has set up a nuvico on a 2wire router before I would really appreciate it if you sent me a message and ill give you my number, it may be easier to talk on the phone just to go over the correct steps because there has got to be 1 lil thing I'm doin wrong and I don't know what it could be.

Thanks, Jake

If you're using an actually installed client app to connection, it may not need port 80, but I'd try forwarding that anyway, just to be sure.