In the specs it says "Field of View Resolutions" and Cropped Field of View Resolutions". Does this mean that the sensor is 10Mp but you can only actually see 5Mp, or is the cropped list just a handy chart of video designations?

Also Arecont's IP67 enclosure is too large for a small camera like this. Does anyone know of a more compact, high quality, IP67 enclosure?

Exacq claims to support the AV10005.

In the specs it says "Field of View Resolutions" and Cropped Field of View Resolutions". Does this mean that the sensor is 10Mp but you can only actually see 5Mp, or is the cropped list just a handy chart of video designations?

Also Arecont's IP67 enclosure is too large for a small camera like this. Does anyone know of a more compact, high quality, IP67 enclosure?

Exacq claims to support the AV10005.

Yes it works fine with Exacq. The camera runs if 2 modes 10MP or 1080P. You get 2 options with VMS for resolution Full and Half.

'Good lens', which I take it Arecont's are not? Does Leica make C-mounts? What mm would give a 90 degree field of view?

Sure, studied those, although I need something with a wider FOV. I guess you're meaning to say those are not so bad quality-wise.

I know there's going to be a good small enclosure out there, but it'll take research.

Very disappointed with Mobotix. Indeed the datasheet for the M12 says at highest rez the framerate is 10. Simply not true -- 2-2.2 max. Makes me worry about Arecont's ostensible 6 fps @ 3648x2752...

This seems like a pretty basic concern, fps/max rez. Surprised I haven't read more about it here.

Maybe so, but you'd think it certainly would with their own MxEasy. Best it can do with MxPeg is 2.2 f/s.