Just picked up one of these used. Works great but cannot access via network. Any help out there? Shows up on Network but gets no where, port forwarded all that jazz

thx

Scott

yea, I meant I just picked it up as in barely used, been sitting on shelf for a long time I guess. Anyway, most DVR's I have installed (I'm a tech - but installing this in my house) u just go to the IP address the DVR is assigned by the router and all is cool. I actually think the Client software that came with it would prb work great but the CD will not load it. BUT ALSO even better would be to just access it via IE.

at the very least can u link me to any DVR client software that may work with this DVR?

thx

Scott

as this dvr doesn't have a webport, you have to use client software called "network client" by nadatel, it is available on their special download page for distributors, but try searching the web also. after you'd have to enter setup and specify ip/subnet/gateway settings, and after make port forwarding in the router (5445) by default

thx! will try this....if anyone knows of solid "Network Client" download links, please let me know.

BTW, WHY does their dumb manual say it can be accessed via IE if you can't? Funny thing is I installed about 4 of these back in like 2005 and was able to access via IE....weird...thx

welcome

the manual included with the dvr is same for the whole series, so one model may have a feature that the second doesn't but it will be listed in the manual

maybe you've installed sdvr4500 or something like that? it has a web port in latest firmware but none of nadatel dvr's had web port in 2005, even in 2008 I think

are we talking about this one:

http://www.gobizkorea.com/blog/ProductView.do?blogid=sme0145&id=740103

YES! that is the DVR.....I don't have a huge issue use the Network Client, just a matter of finding the software for it.

thx

Scott

yea, I meant I just picked it up as in barely used, been sitting on shelf for a long time I guess. Anyway, most DVR's I have installed (I'm a tech - but installing this in my house) u just go to the IP address the DVR is assigned by the router and all is cool. I actually think the Client software that came with it would prb work great but the CD will not load it. BUT ALSO even better would be to just access it via IE.

at the very least can u link me to any DVR client software that may work with this DVR?

thx

Scott

Hello Scott,

SDVR4500 doesn't have a web browser.

Your going to need to go to http://anytimeview.com to view it via IE.

Also, if you need the latest software, please send me a PM.