Sign in to follow this  
mikez

Please suggests cameras for Laundromat

Hi, I'm trying to set up a PC-Base camera system for my parents and thinking about using internet to view it live. I'm probably going to get a GeoVision GV-800 8 Channel 120FPS but don't know what kind of cameras I should get. I need a camera that can view bill when putting in the change machine and couple of cameras to see the surrounding. The ceiling is about 12-14ft tall. I wish to spend about 120 for each camera. Please let me know. Thanks

My ideal goal is to:

1. One camera to view the dollar bill that is insert to the change machine.

2. View the surrounding

3. One view of the parking

4. view live and to record

BTW, if possible I would like to run the cameras with CAT5 and how exactly would I hook these up to the GeoVision card?

This is not my picture but our laundromat layout is similar to this.

Laundromat_Construction-1.jpg

Laundry_Construction_Management-1.jpg

“I wish to spend about 120 for each camera”

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

1. One camera to view the dollar bill that is insert to the change machine.You need one camera for each machine

BTW, if possible I would like to run the cameras with CAT5 and how exactly would I hook these up to the GeoVision card? use cctv balun..http://www.muxlab.com/products/ve_cctv_mini_balun.html

“I wish to spend about 120 for each camera”

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

This just shows that most customers don't understand the market. They are use to seeing cameras that are priced so cheap, they think it will satisfy their requirements. But I can't blame them. There are just so many cheap cameras(garbage) being sold on the net or some big retail stores that know nothing about cameras.

That's why we are here to educate them

Edited by Guest

1. One camera to view the dollar bill that is insert to the change machine.You need one camera for each machine

BTW, if possible I would like to run the cameras with CAT5 and how exactly would I hook these up to the GeoVision card? use cctv balun..http://www.muxlab.com/products/ve_cctv_mini_balun.html

I just need one camera that monitors the change machine not each washer or dryer. How much would a decent camera cost? We don't need top of the line or even near that.

I just need one camera that monitors the change machine not each washer or dryer. How much would a decent camera cost? We don't need top of the line or even near that.

You will need a narrow angle lens probably 24mm. Getting a varifocal lens would make adjusting the camera easier. Cost would be from 230 upwards.

You will need a narrow angle lens probably 24mm. Getting a varifocal lens would make adjusting the camera easier. Cost would be from 230 upwards.

Wow... 24mm? I thought I would need a 12mm according this some of these pictures.

http://www.surveillance-spy-cameras.com/100Cpictures.htm

Is there a specific camera you have in mind that's capable of scoping the bill?