New to CCTV and I'm in a little mess. More than a year ago I bought 2 Speco Technologies VL-62 cameras and a Dico 900B Card for computer to set up for home. Shortly after ordered I got a new laptop. I forgot about the CCTV stuff and put on shelf. Low and behold my wifes car got broken into a few weeks ago. I made it my purpose to get this system setup which meant buying a desktop. I found good deal on HP Workstation XW4400 Core 2 processor 186 w/ Quadro Fx 1500 video card; 4 gigs of RAM and COA for Windows XP. I got system up and running installed all my AVG got online and updated everything. I installed the DVR card and cameras and everything seems to work good but now I am trying to access remotely from internet. I have searched and read the manual but somewhat computer novice. I can do a few things but don't understand TCP/IP Network blah blah blah. I could not find out where to install wire from card to motherboard reset and from what I have read the motherboard does it internal. If I get this stuff to work I was going to install 2nd harddrive for recording but want to be able to send recordings to internet or something in case they take the computer so maybe I need a web server or what ever. Since I can't figure out who I got this stuff from I can't call them you guys seem to have all the answers so if someone can walk me through this stuff or tell me a book or how to get a 101 course please help.

Your DVR should have a network menu. Find it, write down all th ports you see there, log into your router. If your not sure how to do this visit www.portforward.com find your router and follow the steps. Once your ports are forwRded to the IP of your DVR(PC) then goto www.canyouseeme.org enter in the ports one at a time they should show open, if they show open next part is easy goto www.ipchicken.com write down your IP address and try it from an outside network. Not your network, maybe connect to a neighbors wifi if possible or an aircard, Internet cafe etc. Open IE type in your IP address (from ip chicken) and should be able to log in from there forward.

Let me know if you need more help or get stuck