Soundy

1080p camera with HDMI out?

Yeah, got a special request for something like this... still gotta find out if it actually needs to be recorded or if it's just for display, but assuming the former... anyone got any ideas?

Thanks, looks great... anything available in a fixed dome as well? The PTZ seems a little excessive for this purpose.

Hrrrm... 6.3mm is the widest it goes, that may not be enough. Any suggestions as to some way to take an MP stream and output it to HDMI? I guess I could do it with a Vigil HD Viewer...

Edited by Guest

“1080p camera with HDMI out? “

“Hrrrm... 6.3MP is the widest it goes, that may not be enough. Any suggestions as to some way to take an MP stream and output it to HDMI? I guess I could do it with a Vigil HD Viewer...”

I think you may have an imposable situation here. If i understand what you are asking for.

I will have to assume that you want the camera HDMI out to connect directly to a monitor since no DVR will accept this input. Also i see you ask for 1080P which is 1920 x 1080 = 2MP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080p

Later in this thread you say 6.3MP is not enough. In this link i found more HD video modes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_video

2,048×1,536 = 3MP

3,840×2,160 = 8MP

4,096×3,072 = 12MP

I think you will have a great deal of difficulty finding a monitor that can display the 3MP picture. And it will probably be imposable to find any monitor to display anything higher. Remember your computer magically handles higher resolution video by only displaying the resolution your monitor can handle by cropping out the extra video and adding scroll bars to see the rest. Your monitor can not do this.

Nice, thanks! Waiting to hear back more specifics from the client... so far it doesn't sound like this actually needs to be recorded, just displayed live, so I'm considering a basic HD camcorder of some sort as well, but overall, I'd prefer to have the OPTION to record... because you just KNOW if we don't have that, someone WILL ask for it down the road.