Sign in to follow this  
solo

camer aproblem? please help

Hello everyone

Im new to CCTV and was trying out a DIY install when i came across a problem.

The camera is an ir camera connected to a picolo pro 2 card in my pc.

When i cover the sensor the picture works but during the day, i.e when the sensor detects light it goes fuzzy? Do i have a camera thats not working properly?

Pictures attached of problem.

Sensor covered

a65d8a43-1.jpg

sensor open to daylight

109d2a31-1.jpg

Hope i have given all the relevant information. Thanks in advance for any help.

What seems to be the problem?

Really not sure. i would love to see a answer to this one. Does it act the same to a diffrent light source. Like a another type of bulb?

TBh i have not tried it. i think the cameras messed up. But wanted an opinion from others but so far no one has replied. during normal daylight it does not work, cover the sensor i.e when it gets

dark and it works.

can you say what the camera id make model and post a picture of it ?

It's sounds likely to be the camera and unlikely to be the card, but let's not make assumptions just yet!.

If I were an electronic genius I would probably know the answer but sorry, I don't so let's try a process of elimination.

1. Have you tried the camera on another channel? This would be easy to try and might eliminate the camera as a problem

what happened?

2. Have you tried another camera in place of the camera in question, and on the same original channel? What happened?

Have you checked the voltage at the camera, under load (i.e. with IR sensor blocked) and compare it against what it should be, and say what rating your power supply is and if it came with the camera?

good luck