d_romprey

software for easy control and editing playback

Hi , I am new to this forum so it is possible that I am not looking in the right place for an answer to my question so I will just ask the question myself. I have a stand alone DVR that works just fine . It records all I could ask and is fairly simple to operate. There are some features though that I wish it had but doesn't. I know there are machines out there that do what I want but mine doesn't. The issue can be easily handled by getting a software program that I can run the saved video on and do the things I want to through that program. I don't need to do anything that I consider to be too fancy. 1st it would need to be able to play back in the .264 format or mpeg4 format (I believe I have the right names). then from that playback format be able to pause then perhaps box in like picture in picture a certain area or object like someones face or a license plate, Maybe even clean up that picture with pixel or something that would give me a clearer view....It doesn't sound too incredible does it? I talk to my supplier about it and his solution is to just buy more cameras for the desired effect....you know the 3000 dollar license plate camera and the likes. There has to be a video editing software out there....just has to be....ANYONE....can you point me in the right direction....please.....thanks very much....DAN

PiP zoom is a feature of some dvr's ---- I believe Hanbang has a very nice PiP zoom function.

Oh yea zoom in on a D1 image.... see how good that looks. Besides I pass on that chinese junk

Hmmm it seems my post about Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects didn't submit.

But anyway --- wireguy has it spot on.......zooming won't have much effect if your source input doesn't have any extra pixels.

Basically if you have a 380TVL source and you are trying to zoom it, or increase the image size to 4cif - (D1 Technically not correct on a DVR) it isn't going to help you any!

Think of resolution as pixel saturation per image area. so you only have a given number of pixels, at 380TVL you are only going to saturate a given size of image to create a decent quality , likewise with any resolution ---- it's not much use trying to stretch the image to a bigger area , if the input source doesn't have sufficent pixels ---- as you stretch the image you are going to actually start seeing pixel blocks.