Sign in to follow this  
3RDIGLBL

Axis & Milestone Experts

I have a customer where we installed a number of Axis 3204v cameras and they are running Milestone essentials.

At the camera we are running a resolution of 1280x800 but milestone crops the left and right side of the picture. I messed with that for a while today and can't figure out why it does that.

I am not a Milestone fan at all so needless to say this might be user error but I can't seem to figure out where, I'm far from knowing my way around Milestone.

Anyone have any ideas?

Check on Milestone website to see if the camera has the firmware version that is tested by Milestone. I had Axis camera that wouldn't connect because I upgraded it to the latest firmware so I ended up downgrading it and it started working fine.

Most likely, Milestone is not cropping the image, it's just formatting it to fit the window aspect ratio.

Try unchecking the setting "Maintain image aspect ratio" in the setup of the smart client software.

Check on Milestone website to see if the camera has the firmware version that is tested by Milestone. I had Axis camera that wouldn't connect because I upgraded it to the latest firmware so I ended up downgrading it and it started working fine.

No problem with connecting. Good point to check to firmware.

Most likely, Milestone is not cropping the image, it's just formatting it to fit the window aspect ratio.

Try unchecking the setting "Maintain image aspect ratio" in the setup of the smart client software.

I tried this and all it did was stretch the image to fill the display so of course it distorted everything. I it's cropping a good 5 to 6 feet of view on the left and right side of the image. In the camera setup I see all I want but in Milestone it gets cropped and now shows me less than I want.

grrrrr I hate Milestone.