Sign in to follow this  
wilson.johnk

Dvr slow response via LAN

I have an 8Channel Jetview DVR installed. In the LAN setup there is about a 5 second delay before any camera movement is indicated on the NetViewer program on the computer.. Everything is fine via VGA and AV outputs.

The delay is annoying as people have entered the premises well before the NetViewer displays them entering.

Routers and cables are fairly modern.

I have an 8Channel Jetview DVR installed. In the LAN setup there is about a 5 second delay before any camera movement is indicated on the NetViewer program on the computer.. Everything is fine via VGA and AV outputs.

The delay is annoying as people have entered the premises well before the NetViewer displays them entering.

Routers and cables are fairly modern.

(1) Do a ping on the dvr ip address and note the TTS -----> Let us know the result.

(2) Network viewing is a trade off between remote view and quality --- try setting your video quality and frame rates, and bit-rate lower and see what you get.

That's a typical issue with networks -----usually if you can't see the door and the lan display at the same time you wouldn't notice ----- and thousands never ever do, because they are far away from the DVR

If you are that close , why don't you use the live view of the machine on a monitor.

I did a ping on the DVR ip address and showed a 1ms response.

The DVR is currently viewed via VGA to separate monitor which work fine.

Unfortunately on this DVR the frame rate can't be adjusted to 12 FPS which seems to work fine on Net Viewer for some of my other installed DVR's.