ssnapier

I need a software solution for a BIG project

I am preparing to install Mobotix cameras all over a large medical research facility (about 80 of them). I have also been asked to look at possibly bringing all of their analog cameras into the same software suite that will display the Mobotix stuff. I know that they are using cameras that don't play nice with MX Control Center (the Mobotix software) and I am just too new to "the game" to know if such a thing exists. I know they have Pelco, Panasonic, Speco, Bosch and probably a few other brands that will surprise me later. Some of these are PTZ too and they want to have software PTZ control as wel. I am sure they are going to ask for everything under the sun, so the most capable solution you can think of is what I am looking for. I am sure there will be a cost limit, but right now let's just say that cost is not an issue so nothing gets excluded.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Not sure if it supports Mobotix (I'll have to ask), but Vigil systems should handle your other listed requirements. Individual NVRs/hybrid DVRs support up to 32 cameras; it would be fairly straightforward to integrate a mix of NVRs and hDVRs through a single client/VMS/VCM interface. You could feed all the analog cameras into one or two DVRs, and the IP cams into additional NVRs, or mix-and-match analog and IP on each system depending on the site layout or other restrictions.

Not sure if it supports Mobotix (I'll have to ask), but Vigil systems should handle your other listed requirements. Individual NVRs/hybrid DVRs support up to 32 cameras; it would be fairly straightforward to integrate a mix of NVRs and hDVRs through a single client/VMS/VCM interface. You could feed all the analog cameras into one or two DVRs, and the IP cams into additional NVRs, or mix-and-match analog and IP on each system depending on the site layout or other restrictions.

Doesn't mobotix offer video servers to convert the analog cams to their digital interface? I know my IP supplier has a total solution.

Yes, Mobotix offers a program called MxServer but it does not support all of these brands of cameras and since the last update for that was in 2008, I would prefer a more supportable solution.

Yes, Mobotix offers a program called MxServer but it does not support all of these brands of cameras and since the last update for that was in 2008, I would prefer a more supportable solution.

I mean't don't they have a hardware device ---- a video server - that takes analog in one side and sends digital out the other side in their own format for their software.