Sign in to follow this  
teech

Cameras for nightclub?

Hi,

A client has a nightclub with outdoor parking and wants some cameras to be installed. This will be my first installation for this type of environment. They said they want it to be unobtrusive. Would you say (mini) bullet cameras are best? If yes, could you please recommend me some models.

Thank you!

I use the KT&C mini bullets (Black housings), Black and white models for indoors as the clubs are dark here. We use the 420TVL lower res ones as they see more in low light than the 600TVL ones, and although I tried to get it last time some of them were ordered but the distributor sent the wrong ones, the better one is their Exview low res, for the ultimate low light without IR. Actually we used a mixture of them on the last order because they sent us 3 different ones (420TVL, 600TVL, and 600TVL exview) and all did work.

For outside and the door you can use any good color camera if there is enough light, or day night, vandal dome perhaps.

Many thanks Rory. So out of the 420 TVL and 600 Exview model, which would you go for?

I checked on their website and they only have one model for hte 420. Is the 420 you mention the KPC-S190S and the 600 exview the KPC-E230?

Also, would you use a pin hole bullet?

Thanks

Pinhole will limit the lens view plus not as available from resellers as the regular board lens.

Here are the actual part numbers and specs:

KPC-S190S (420TVL, BW, 0.05 Lux)

KPC-S190SH (600TVL, BW, 0.1 Lux)

KPC-EX190SWX (420TVL, BW Exview, 0.003 Lux)

KPC-EX190SH (600TVL, BW Exview, 0.03 Lux)

The 600 Exview is a nice all around one, covers low light and is high res (somewhat), but its the most expensive model. The Exview models are just options of the S190.

I also just recently used their High Res Color bullet in a stairway in one of the clubs, where they have some lighting.

Thanks again...I'll get the Exviews

Thanks Rory..you're a wealth of knowledge! I've read many posts by you and have learnt a lot too!