Sign in to follow this  
oscar99

Recommendations for 8 channel DVR

Hello

Can anyone advise of a suitable DVR for a current install. I have done a few installs for a few customers using chinese unbranded ebay kit but now would like a branded model with support with regular f/w updates etc..

The main feature I require is the ability to FTP motion detection clips as they happen to a NAS running a ftp server located on the same LAN. Support for a 2TB disk and mobile android access.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Mnay thanks

I would recommend looking into a software NVR solution with IP or hybrid IP/Analogue. NVR software gives more configurable options than most DVR Software and it is now at the point of being cost effective especially if you already have the storage

I would recommend looking into a software NVR solution with IP or hybrid IP/Analogue. NVR software gives more configurable options than most DVR Software and it is now at the point of being cost effective especially if you already have the storage

yes i am agree with that, now the NVR (standalone) becomes cost effective, let's take example of Plustek slim240, 1-4 channels of IP camera input are tailored for retailers, home users, more, the hard drive is already embedded that you don't have to pay additionally if comparing with other providers of NVR standalone. its size is compact enough to be hidden as well.

on site recording/ storage, and central management could be a new direction for all the solution providers.