mikez

Please recommend indoor cameras for a 15ft ceiling.

I'm still in the process of building a PC security system for my parents laundromat and I need help choosing 3 cameras.

I need a camera that can view bill from a 15ft ceiling and two domes that can view the place. The place is about 40 by 50 or somewhere around there. My budget is about $200 +/- for each camera.

What would you guys suggest? I'm located in Texas.

Viewing and recognizing/identifying a bill (I assume you mean of the monetary/cash type) from 11 feet (remember to subtract 4' or so for the height of the counter) isn't a problem... provided the bill stays in a relatively small area. You'd probably need to narrow the shot to cover an area of no more than 3'x3' to get enough detail to pick out the denominations. At 11' on a 1/3" sensor, an 18mm lens will do that easily... you just have to make sure the money stays within that area.

Viewing and recognizing/identifying a bill (I assume you mean of the monetary/cash type) from 11 feet (remember to subtract 4' or so for the height of the counter) isn't a problem... provided the bill stays in a relatively small area. You'd probably need to narrow the shot to cover an area of no more than 3'x3' to get enough detail to pick out the denominations. At 11' on a 1/3" sensor, an 18mm lens will do that easily... you just have to make sure the money stays within that area.

The money should stay within that area because that's where they make change. What cameras would you recommend?

Good stuff is not cheep and cheep stuff is not any good.

Find a vendor that you can buy at a good price from and get good stuff.

I do not think we are allowed to recommend sight where you can go but take your time and look around.