Sign in to follow this  
ssnapier

Mobotix control center will not playback recorded images

Ok, I have a NAS that appears to have valid images stored on it, and in the appropriate folders. When I go to the camera in MxCC and give it a specific date all it will give me it today... or sometimes yesterday. This is a new problem that has developed long after the system was working perfectly. The NAS is not full... not even close... and the camera is setup to record 15 days of images and I have verified the recording path.

To make it just a bit more weird, if I log into the camera directly (either an M12 or Q24) I can see the events listed in the event list, but MxCC still refuses to play nice. Any ideas?

Try this -

1. In MXCC right click on the camera you are having the issue with and go to Properties>Access Data Tab and click on the Change button for Storage Location at the bottom.

2. In the Recording Target window that pops up, select the Camera file server path radio button and then click on the More button.

3. Next click the Add button in the bottom left corner of the Recording Target window and then point to the folder named as the default IP address of the camera (something like 10_x_x_x) on the NAS. Note - this folder resides within the shared folder you created on the NAS. Make sure you point to the folder named with the default IP of the camera and not to any folder inside of it. Click on Apply and the Ok.

4. Now in the Access Data Tab the Storage Location should show the path to the shared folder on the NAS and not Via Camera.

5. Click on Ok and save your settings from the File Menu.

6. Now try to do playback from using the video search feature.

With the above setup, you bypass the camera for playback requests from MXCC and retrieve the images directly from the NAS.

Yes it worked great, I have done that to all of my cameras now. The best part is that even if the camera were to go down, you could still playback the images because the camera is totally out of the playback loop.