ljarrald

wired cctv interference

hi. this is my first post on here so i'll start by introducing myself.

my name is luke, i live in manchester, england. i have been planning and installing a cctv system in my home for a while now bit by bit and hope to be an installer/engineer one day.

i have just out two cctv cameras in my bike shed. i am using a power supply in the shed and a cat5 cable with blauns for video and PIR connection.

both of the cameras have interference. on one camera (cam 2) it looks like in the olden days (before digital tv) if your Ariel was off you got a snowy picture.

and on the other camera (cam 3) it has lines running through slowly moving down (a bit like the affects they use in the movies)

the thing is that when i first installed camera 2 and 3 the picture was fine. i cant remember 3 being a problem but can not be sure but i know for a fact cam2 was crystal clear.

its not the cameras. i have tested them separately so it must be interference on the cable. what should i do to resolve this?

i would attatch pictures but the monitor is a crt and my camera will not take pictures of it and the software is too slow it does not show the interference properly.

any help would be amazing.

thanks - luke

How are you powering the cameras? At their location, or down the cat5 cable? Another possibility would be that the wiring to your baluns is not the same on both ends. For example, if you have blue-white on the left screw and blue on the right screw of the balun, you must do the same on the other end.

Others can chime in with more info!

How are you powering the cameras? At their location, or down the cat5 cable? Another possibility would be that the wiring to your baluns is not the same on both ends. For example, if you have blue-white on the left screw and blue on the right screw of the balun, you must do the same on the other end.

Others can chime in with more info!

i am powering the cameras from a 12v psu on the wall tht has battery backup (the kind used in security doors)

the blauns are wired correctly, i have just checked