theEGG

Viewing multiple DVRs

heya! i cant answer your question LOL i just saw that your from davao. yow man i dont know where to post this i just wanted to ask what device should i use in synchronizing 3 DVRS? i only have 1 LCD tv and i dont want to waste $ and buy 2 additional tvs just to view the other 2 dvr. maybe a multiplexer or something like that can help me but iam not really sure and dont even know what device should i use. i just succesfully installed the 48 cams on the 3 dvrs. also, i have 1 spare camera and i am thinking of placing it in my elevator. btw i have a 4 floors apartment. thanks for reading and hope you can help.

Normally you'd use a computer running a VMS (video management system), but that normally relies on all three DVRs being the same make (and possibly model).

Really though... a 19" widescreen VGA monitor is CHEAP these days - we get them for about $80. It may be more for you, but relative to the cost of three DVRs and 48 cameras, two extra monitors should be nothing.

Really though... a 19" widescreen VGA monitor is CHEAP these days - we get them for about $80. It may be more for you, but relative to the cost of three DVRs and 48 cameras, two extra monitors should be nothing.

cheapest is $185 here.

heya! i cant answer your question LOL i just saw that your from davao. yow man i dont know where to post this i just wanted to ask what device should i use in synchronizing 3 DVRS? i only have 1 LCD tv and i dont want to waste $ and buy 2 additional tvs just to view the other 2 dvr. maybe a multiplexer or something like that can help me but iam not really sure and dont even know what device should i use. i just succesfully installed the 48 cams on the 3 dvrs. also, i have 1 spare camera and i am thinking of placing it in my elevator. btw i have a 4 floors apartment. thanks for reading and hope you can help.

use the network software, in most cases it will allow multiple DVRs in up to a 36 or 64 way view.