Go3Team

Another VCM-24VF Question

Can these be paired with a IR Illuminator for really dark places?

Also a general question about baluns, is there any signal degradation using these? I have plenty of CAT6 lying around, just no coax.

Thanks

Can these be paired with a IR Illuminator for really dark places?

Yes.

Also a general question about baluns, is there any signal degradation using these?

No.

Can someone recommend a reputable authorized dealer for the CNB, and/or baluns? Or would that be against the rules?

example of CNB VBM-24VF

Shows dark area - Color without AGC, Color with AGC, BW only, BW with external Infrared

Then Area with light - setting to Auto D/N.

VBM-24VF.gif.329123563cbf041ee4113c9a3c1cfdcf.gif

Can someone recommend a reputable authorized dealer for the CNB, and/or baluns? Or would that be against the rules?

well i have had excellent customer service from, and have purchased all my equipment (VCM-24VF) cameras from surveillance-video.com, they are out of NYC....and they are an authorized dealer of all CNB products...which is very important...

well i have had excellent customer service from, and have purchased all my equipment (VCM-24VF) cameras from surveillance-video.com, they are out of NYC....and they are an authorized dealer of all CNB products...which is very important...

+1 same for me. Quick turn-around!

my client's last order with them (123) they sent him all the wrong cameras and never credited the client the difference. The sales agent was totally clueless. But that was just one order.

I am not sure surveillance-video is a authorized partner. CNB used to have a list on their site with un-authorized partners and I thought they where on that list.

Edited by Guest

Here is there list. Looks like they've been adding on!

http://www.cnbusa.com/en/html/partner/unauthorizedreseller.php

Are the phone numbers on 123 the same as surveillance-video? Seems like people have better luck with surveillance-video, although they are technically the same. When I order, I put in the notes that I need exact model numbers, and to contact me if they can't do that. Worked great so far.

Two examples of the CNB BBM-24F (which has a similar if not the same sensor) in a box camera

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26653

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24535

The CNB BBM-24F have decent low light compared to other cameras, but very good IR response. For example the Bosch LTC0495 has a better low light picture but the CNB BBM-24F and VCM-24VF have better IR sensitivity.

I am not sure surveillance-video is a authorized partner. CNB uses to have a list on their site with un-authorized partners and I thought they where on that list.

well your wrong, they ARE authorized , i personally called them, and also e-mailed them, to verify....

i don't know what list they "uses" to have on their site, but they are authorized...

my client's last order with them (123) they sent him all the wrong cameras and never credited the client the difference. The sales agent was totally clueless. But that was just one order.

yes , i remember you had previously posted this, but all i can speak on, is the quality of service that i have received, and without going into exact numbers, they were by far the cheapest i found, for CNB products...

Are the phone numbers on 123 the same as surveillance-video? Seems like people have better luck with surveillance-video, although they are technically the same. When I order, I put in the notes that I need exact model numbers, and to contact me if they can't do that. Worked great so far.

i don't know if the phone numbers are the same, but i do know they share common addresses...

i have only ever dealt with surveillance-video, so i can't comment on 123...

I dont see them on the list.

Never had a problem ordering CNB from them and their tech support was a great help for other questions, but that last order of KT&C BW bullets, I ordered 6 of one particular model and I got several totally different models.

Anyway moving on, we all know we cant talk about online stores on this forum .. per the forum rules ... dont want to have to ban myself today

Two examples of the CNB BBM-24F (which has a similar if not the same sensor) in a box camera

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26653

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24535

The CNB BBM-24F have decent low light compared to other cameras, but very good IR response. For example the Bosch LTC0495 has a better low light picture but the CNB BBM-24F and VCM-24VF have better IR sensitivity.

the VCM-24Vfs are very sensitive to IR, now i am presently using 4 MIR1000s, and in areas where only the smallest amount of IR was needed, instead of buying addition IR illuminators, i simply gutted a couple of cheap IR bullet cameras, tossed the camera parts out and reinstalled the IR rings, rewired them, and I had a few homemade IR illuminators...

I dont see them on the list.

Never had a problem ordering CNB from them and their tech support was a great help for other questions, but that last order of KT&C BW bullets, I ordered 6 of one particular model and I got several totally different models.

Anyway moving on, we all know we cant talk about online stores on this forum .. per the forum rules ... dont want to have to ban myself today

the list in the above response , is those WHO ARE NOT AUTHORIZED...i hope you guys aren't trying to defuse a bomb, while reading the directions...LOL

this is taken directly from the link provided...

"Please refer to below list of non-compliant resellers of CNB products. This list may be updated regularly."

i am a little confused, i was under the understanding, that PRICES, couldn't be discussed, how are people suppose to know who to trust when it comes to buying equipment, if we can't ask for help from other members as to who they recommend...

i am a little confused, i was under the understanding, that PRICES, couldn't be discussed, how are people suppose to know who to trust when it comes to buying equipment, if we can't ask for help from other members as to who they recommend...

Cant do it, per the rules, there are advertisers who are retail stores/distributors and without them the forum wont exist.

I think the idea is we discuss the equipment, etc. Then you can PM people about where they bought their stuff.

I think the idea is we discuss the equipment, etc. Then you can PM people about where they bought their stuff.

This is from the opening of the forum:

November 2003 - cctvForum.com is launched.

cctvForum.com will be a place where professionals and DIY'ers alike can discuss cctv and it's use in security systems.

Before installing my first Digital Video System at a retail store, I searched for a site like this to help me in my decision making process. I did not find one place that could offer an unbiased discussion of equipment, platform, camera selection etc.... Hopefully this forum can fill the void.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1

But more importantly the forum guidelines:

As a courtesy to our advertisers, please do not post links when recommending products; just post the recommended products name/model number etc.. Ofcourse, we encourage a search of our advertisers sites first for any recommended products mentioned in threads

Please refrain from posting special prices available only to dealers or installers in our forums. When in doubt, post the MSRP.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3144

yes , that's what i intend to do, from now on....will save a lot of confusion...